MG Golf Privacy Notice
Last updated: January 23, 2014
MG Golf knows that you care how information about you is used and
shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does MG Golf gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and
continually improve your shopping experience at MG Golf. Here are the types
of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store
any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way.
You can choose not to provide certain information,
but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We
use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your
requests, customizing future shopping for you, and
communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store
certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like
many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information
when your Web browser accesses MG Golf.
A number of
companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to
provide you with a personalized experience at MG Golf if we cannot recognize
you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications:We will communicate via email to you concerning order status, shipping confirmation, and replies to your inquiries. We honor a strict policy regarding spam. You will receive offers from us unless you specifically "opt-out" from receiving these offers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us and/or other mail from selected third-parties, please advise us of your preferences by e-mail to customercare@mgGolf.com or via postal mail to MG Golf, ATTN:Mail Preferences, 3410 Century Circle, Irving, TX 75062. We will process your request in a reasonable timeframe but please understand, there may be mailings in process that cannot be changed.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer
to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to
recognize your browser and to provide features such as Profiles
and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will
tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have
the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies
altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of
MG Golf's shopping cart features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does MG Golf Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our
customers is an important part of our business. We share
customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries MG Golf,
Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow
practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Agents: We employ other companies or
individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail, removing
repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, and processing credit card payments. They
have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may
not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of MG Golf and Others: We
release account and other personal information when we believe release is
appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our
Conditions of Use and other
agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MG Golf, our
users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and
organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information
during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which
encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit
card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire encrypted credit
card number to the appropriate credit card company during order
- It is important for you to protect against
unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off
when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to
provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to
take advantage of MG Golf features.
When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us and/or other mail from selected third-parties, please advise us of your preferences by e-mail to customercare@mgGolf.com or via postal mail to MG Golf, ATTN:Mail Preferences, 3410 Century Circle, Irving, TX 75062. We will process your request in a reasonable timeframe but please understand there may be mailings that were in queue prior that cannot be purged. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers