MG Golf Privacy Notice
Last updated: October 2, 2019
What Personal Information About Customers Does MG Golf gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at MG Golf. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses MG Golf. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at MG Golf if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- Email Communications: We will communicate via email to you concerning order status, shipping confirmation, and replies to your inquiries. We honor a strict policy regarding spam. You will receive email offers from us unless you specifically opt-out from receiving them here. We will process your request in a reasonable timeframe but please understand, there may be emails in process that cannot be changed.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as Profiles and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of MG Golf's shopping cart features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does MG Golf Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries MG Golf, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Agents: We employ other companies or individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of MG Golf and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MG Golf, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire encrypted credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
MG Golf gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with MG Golf for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of MG Golf features. When you update your address, a copy of the one may remain in a file for a brief period of time until that file is deleted.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us and/or other mail from selected third-parties, please advise us of your preferences by e-mail to customercare@mgGolf.com or via postal mail to MG Golf, ATTN: Mail Preferences, 3410 Century Circle, Irving, TX 75062. We will process your request in a reasonable timeframe but please understand there may be mailings that were in queue prior that cannot be purged. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers
- Some states may give you specific rights regarding access to your personal data and a means to request that your personal information be deleted. To make such a request, please send to MG Golf, ATTN: Personal Data Request, 3410 Century Circle, Irving, TX 75062 or call 1.800.404.8330.